Re: libbeecrypt.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

On Jan 30, 2008 4:31 AM, Giacomo Shimmings
<giacomo_shimmings@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It would seem rpm and rpmbuild are similally hosed:
>
> [root@192 mythtv]# rpm
> rpm: error while loading shared libraries: libbeecrypt.so.6: cannot open
> [root@192 mythtv]# rpmbuild
> bash: rpmbuild: command not found
>
> Can anyone help me fix yum or should I use the DVD of Core 8 to update the
> system at this point?

If rpm is hosed, then you can't just use rpm to install the missing
package (becrypt).  One solution is to boot from the rescue CD and use
the rpm on the CD to install the missing package.  Another solution is
to use rpm2cpio (may be broken) to extract the beecrypt rpm file
directly (and then install it with rpm).  Another is to copy the
shared libraries (/usr/lib/libbeecrypt.*) from another machine.

 - Ian