Re: Having Yum Problems

John Fox writes:

> seth vidal writes:
>

>> On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 21:03 +0000, John Fox wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I thought that may have been the problem. Can you nplease
>>> explain how I uninstall 2.5 and revert back to the rpm python.
>>>

>> not really. Normally, wherever you 'make install' from you can sometimes
>> 'make uninstall'.
>>
>> otherwise your next best bet would be to download the python rpm and
>> run:
>>
>> rpm -Uvh --replacepkgs --replacefiles that.rpm
>>
>> and see if that helps. However, at this point your certainty about what
>> is and what is not installed correctly is out the window.
>>
>> -sv
>>

> Hi,
>
> Many thanks for your help and support I gratefully appreciate
> it. Happy New Year..

Hi Seth Vidal,

I have eventually resolved the problem and yum is working once
again. Solution was very laborious,  I had to download from the
Centos repo:
expat-devel
db4-devel
gdbm-devel
elfutils-devel
krb5-devel
libselinux-devel
neon
neon-devel
sqlite-devel
zlib-devel
openssl-devel .....and install
At Atrpms.net downloaded all the rpm-4.4.2 files and pythonabi.
After installing all files librpmbuild-4.4.so was re-installed
on the server and yum is again functional. Python 2.5 I had to
manually uninstall.
Again thank you for all the help and guidance.