Problem with yum groupinstall...

I have the following two groups in comps.xml for my repository. When I perform the following command:

yum groupinstall 'Bridgeways Core Development'

I was expecting the packages in the groups bw-core-devel, bw-core-depends and base-x to be installed. However, the packages from bw-core-depends are not installed. I'm using yum 3.0.1 on RHEL5.1. I have been unable to find much info on the xml tags in comps.xml. Do I need to set <default>true</default> in the group bw-core-depends to get this to work?

<group>
   <id>bw-core-depends</id>
   <name>Bridgeways Core Development Dependencies</name>
<description>Packages required from a distribution to build Bridgeways core.</description>
   <default>false</default>
   <uservisible>false</uservisible>
   <biarchonly>false</biarchonly>
   <grouplist>
     <groupreq>base-x</groupreq>
   </grouplist>
   <packagelist>
     <packagereq type='mandatory'>autoconf</packagereq>
   </packagelist>
 </group>

<group>
   <id>bw-core-devel</id>
   <name>Bridgeways Core Development</name>
   <description>Packages required to build Bridgeways core.</description>
   <default>false</default>
   <uservisible>true</uservisible>
   <biarchonly>false</biarchonly>
   <grouplist>
     <groupreq type='mandatory'>bw-core-depends</groupreq>
   </grouplist>
   <packagelist>
     <packagereq type='mandatory'>libmwn-devel</packagereq>
   </packagelist>
 </group>

I've shortened up the package lists in the groups for brevity. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Scott