yum-updatesd "From" lines

Hi.

This is a possibly somewhat minor issue, but I thought it was worth
asking about.

I'm running yum=updatesd on a few CentOS boxes, and because of the local
SMTP policies, have to change the From address of mail from servers to
be a locally deliverable address on our mail hubs. I'm loathe to create
an address per machine, and the problem is really that I can't tell
except by looking at the headers which box a message has come from.

Really, I'd like to see yum-updatesd put the name of the server in its
outgoing mail messages. I've personally done this by importing the
socket module and adding a string from socket.gethostname(), but I'm not
sure whether that's portable. It'd be nice to see something like this in
the main code; is that possible and would others want to see this?

- Iain.