Yum Update Error on Sun Cobalt Raq4

Hi,

I have a Sun Cobalt Raq4 on which I have installed Strongbolt CentOS.
Yum was originally installed with the OS. I had used yum to do many
updates, and recently had installed three things - "yum install gcc"
and installed daemontools-0.76 and freeradius-0.9.3.

Now when I try to run yum update I get the following:

[root@c2raq4 ~]# yum update
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

   AttributeError: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.3.4 (#1, May  2 2007, 19:26:00)
[GCC 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-8)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
the yum faq at:
  http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq

[root@c2raq4 ~]#

I went in to Python and did "import yum" and am getting an error for
file __init__.py on line 21.

[root@c2raq4 ~]# python
Python 2.3.4 (#1, May  2 2007, 19:26:00)
>>> import yum
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "__init__.py", line 21, in ?
ImportError: AttributeError: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

I checked line 21 in /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/yum/__init__.py
and it states "import rpm". I then tried to execute import rpm in
python and got the same error. I tried other imports (leading upto
line 21) and they worked fine.

What is wrong and how can I correct this?

Thanks,
Pathik