Reg primary.xml.gz to primary.xml.gz.sqlite conversion

Hi!

   I am developing an application in Python in which I need to yum from
cache with some modified configuration file. I have cache directory,
and .repo files in accordance with yum.conf file. The exact commands I
am using through os.system() are
[root@bordeaux saini]$ yum -c yum.conf -C info available
[root@bordeaux saini]$ yum -c yum.conf -C info updates

   The above two commands were working fine up to Fedora Core 6. But as
Fedora 7 is being shipped with newer version of yum which uses
primary.xml.gz.sqlite file to run from cache. So, my application is
breaking in Fedora 7.

   Could anybody please guide me how to convert from primary.xml.gz to
primary.xml.gz.sqlite using yum with some options on the command line,
so that I can convert primary.xml.gz on the run and help my application
to run successfully.

PS : This is my first post to this list. Please ignore any mistakes that I
might have made accidently.

Thank you,
Kulbir Saini,
Computer Science and Engineering,
International Institute of Information Technology,
Hyderbad, India - 500032.

My Home-Page: http://students.iiit.ac.in/~kulbirsaini/
My Institute: http://www.iiit.ac.in/
My Web-Blog: http://kulbirsaini.wordpress.com/