Re: yum compatibility backward with rpm

On 7/30/07, Skahan, Vince <vince.skahan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2b - if I was going to try to extend the existing yum to add in
> "--force", "--nodeps" and "--test", is there a quick guide for where to
> do that ?  I'm still having some problems navigating the twisty passages
> of yum and all its python pieces.

I can't fathom any sane reason why one would want to do this (--test I
can see) as it completely removes the functionality yum performs so
well. Adding --force and --nodeps is inherently broken, and basically
means that the rpms you're using aren't packaged properly. Do things
the right way and fix the packaging and dependencies if this is a
problem.

George Orwell