Problems with Yum on Fedora 7

I posted this to the Fedora users list but received no suggestions that work:

I normally use my Linux laptop offline because wireless doesn't work
(ipw2200--see previous threads|).  (My last successful wired yum
update was 6 June).

Yesterday I connected via wire and tried yum update.  Got following response:

==>

Could not find any working storages.
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "'YumRepository' object has no
attribute 'sack'" in <bound method YumRepository.__del__ of
<yum.yumRepo.YumRepository object at 0x9276f8c>> ignored
<==

I get the same response with any yum command.

I have manually cleaned out the cache.  I have also updated my system
manually with the latest rpms:

 yum-3.2.1-1.fc7.noarch.rpm
 yum-updatesd-3.2.1-1.fc7.noarch.rpm

No change--same error.