Re: yum not working in fc6

I did the changes after reading man page for yum.conf
I did a yum remove livna-release and wanted to list the packages
I am getting the following errror messages

[root@balaji etc]# yum list
Setting up repositories
Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=core-6&arch=x86_64 error was
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error nonnumeric port: '80?'>
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml : [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error nonnumeric port: '80?'>
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: core
[root@balaji etc]#

Kindly help

On 7/3/07, Jim Perrin <jperrin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/3/07, balaji v <balaji.tnv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No I haven't, Please tell me how to do that

Please read the man page for yum.conf, and make the changes to
/etc/yum.conf as they apply to your network and proxy situation.

George Orwell