unable to install with yum in fc6 xp_64

I am a starter in linux fedora. I have recently installed fedora core 6  xp_64 in my notebook with AMD64 Turion. I want to load emacs, mplayer and other extras. If i give yum install emacs i get the message in my terminal that Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository : livna     and keeps on trying other mirror before returning to terminal command prompt.
Also I am not able to view my Applications --> Add/remove software , it finally returns as unable to retrieve software information
I doubt whether yum is properly installed in my system. Please suggest me to get over this

Thanks

Balu