Re: yum errors when upgrading fedora

Gerry Reno wrote:
I have been trying to update a server from FC6 to F7 and I'm getting a lot of dependency errors that really I would expect yum to figure out. I've been posting on the fedora-devel list but I thought it might be good to post this problem here as well. As you'll read in my other post, what I don't understand is why yum just doesn't require the packages that have the dep errors to be upgraded so that they will match the newer packages that are already being set to be installed?

http://marc.info/?l=fedora-devel-list&m=118273483532759&w=2

This turned out to be the way in which Fedora has packaged F7. A number of packages have moved out of core and extras and so you have to do an 'Everything' upgrade to get the machine to upgrade from FC6 to F7.