Re: Best repos for Apache httpd 2.2.x/FC4

Matthew Miller wrote:
On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 05:12:15PM +0100, Stargazer wrote:
I'm on a dedicated server and want to update httpd.
When I try it says there are no updates available, but I know its quite old now.
Where is the best repos to use please?

Questions about repositories really aren't questions about the yum utility,
and aren't really suited for this list.
That said, the answer to your question is: the only reasonable option is to
upgrade your server to a supported distribution. Fedora is a great
distribution, but *must* be upgraded when a new release comes out. If you'd
prefer not to do that, take a look at CentOS instead. It's very similar to
Fedora since it comes from the exact same code base (CentOS 5 is roughly
based on Fedora Core 6), and has a much, much longer lifespan.

Thanks for replying.
I've been through this with the dedicated hosters, they say if I do we're on our own for support which is a no-no from "those upstairs". I know this isn't an ideal situation but just finding a way to update apache would fix things until we can, as you say, move to a current distribution.