Re: configuration files info is missing

seth vidal wrote:
On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 10:37 +0200, krepo wrote:
Greetings

I'm writting some kind of web based repository controller/monitor. Unfortunally i have problems with .repo files. There is baseurl and mirrorlist, both documented, but one information is missing. If I specify both of them in one file, which one YUM will use to connect to repository? Is this a logical choice (eg. baseurl always before mirrorlist) or a physical choice eg:
[reposection]
name=reponame
baseurl=http://use.me.first
mirrorlist=http://do.not.use.me.or.use.me.if.baseurl.fail

There is one more thing. If both are used, are they merged?
Thanks for attention and have a nice day :>

they are both used. No, baseurl is not used first. They are merged into
the url list for that repo.

The one chosen is random out of the constructed list, unless you include {in yum.conf or the .repo file}:
failovermethod=priority

This has been useful for me - I set my internal mirror as the top baseurl, then my isp's mirror {free downloads}, and then if the info is still not found it uses the mirrorlist. {fedora core 6}

DaveT.