RE: Apserver

Okay. I am having the hardest time understanding this. I must be doing
something wrong.
I type in:

# http_proxy=http://localhost:8080/

(and then type)

# yum update

(on separate lines)

When I do this I get the error: (after opening another terminal session and
logging in with su -)

[root@hwmcgc21 ~]# yum update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-fc6&arch=i
386
error was
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-2, 'Name or service not known')>
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates
[root@hwmcgc21 ~]#

I also got this when I ran yum update in the same terminal session as
apserver:

[root@hwmcgc21 ~]# export http_proxy=http://proxy.(domain):8080/
[root@hwmcgc21 ~]# /ntlmaps/ntlmaps-0.9.9.5/main.py & [6] 2388
[root@hwmcgc21 ~]# NTLM authorization Proxy Server v0.9.9.5 Copyright (C)
2001-2004 by Dmitry Rozmanov and others.
------------------------
[root@hwmcgc21 ~]# yum update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-fc6&arch=i
386
error was
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (110, 'Connection timed out')>
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates

[6]+  Stopped                 /ntlmaps/ntlmaps-0.9.9.5/main.py
[root@hwmcgc21 ~]#

I also get this when I use just PROXY for the domain:

[root@hwmcgc21 ~]# export http_proxy=http://proxy:8080/
[root@hwmcgc21 ~]# /ntlmaps/ntlmaps-0.9.9.5/main.py & [10] 2401
[root@hwmcgc21 ~]# NTLM authorization Proxy Server v0.9.9.5 Copyright (C)
2001-2004 by Dmitry Rozmanov and others.
------------------------
yum update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-fc6&arch=i
386
error was
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (110, 'Connection timed out')>
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates

[10]+  Stopped                 /ntlmaps/ntlmaps-0.9.9.5/main.py
[root@hwmcgc21 ~]#

What am I doing wrong?

"Let me know if I can help!"

Ray Eason
raye@xxxxxxxxxx
Henrietta Weill Memorial Child Guidance Clinic
Information Systems Computer Support Technician
3628 Stockdale Highway
Bakersfield, CA 93309
Office: 661-322-1021 ext. #197
FAX: 661-322-7334

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail, and any attachments, may contain
confidential and legally privileged information. It is intended solely for
the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not an intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this
e-mail and its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please delete it immediately.