RE: Welcome to the "Yum" mailing list

Hello. I am trying to use yum behind a proxy (MS Proxy 2.0).

I added my proxy information to /etc/yum.conf and it looks like this
"http_proxy=http://hostname.domain.org:8080/"; I also changed it to
"http_proxy=http://IP:8080/";

I am getting the error

Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-fc6&arch=i
386
error was
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (110, 'Connection timed out')>
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates"

"Let me know if I can help!"

Ray Eason
raye@xxxxxxxxxx
Henrietta Weill Memorial Child Guidance Clinic
Information Systems Computer Support Technician
3628 Stockdale Highway
Bakersfield, CA 93309
Office: 661-322-1021 ext. #197
FAX: 661-322-7334

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail, and any attachments, may contain
confidential and legally privileged information. It is intended solely for
the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not an intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this
e-mail and its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please delete it immediately.