Re: Yum dep-closure command?

Here's an attempt I had at solving a similar problem [1]. Untar the
attached tarball and cd into the directory it creates. You need to run
it against CVS HEAD of yum by setting PYTHONPATH appropriately [2] - at
least, I haven't tried it with any released yum versions, the main issue
will be the use of pkgSack.matchPackageNames.

Then run, e.g.
   ./deptrack kernel glibc
which should give you a list of the packages in the depclosure of kernel
+ glibc. You can also pass group names, e.g.
   ./deptrack @base @core
lists the depclosure of the base and core groups (assuming your repos
have those in the groups file)

The output consists of three parts: package names from the command line
(groups resolved), a blank line, package names that could not be found
in any repos (if any), a blank line, and a list of package NEVRA of the
resolved packages.

There are a few other options to change the output of varying degrees of
usefulness. For example, by passing '-i', for each package in the
resolved package set you get a list of the packages from the command
line that caused it to be pulled in.

Enjoy,
David

P.S.: If this seems interesting to others, I can see about throwing up a
hg or git repo somewhere with the code

[1] It's a blatant ripoff of repotrack from yum-utils
[2] Giving me a convenient excuse when things don't work ;)