Re: How to use yum to get a newer version of kdevelop in RedHat9?

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 01:06:27PM -0800, Glenn Meyer enlightened us:
> Actually, it works better than fine. I'm using both RHEL 4 and CentOS
> 4.4 at work, and yum works without a hitch on CentOS, whereas it only
> limps along on RHEL 4. I spent the better part of a day trying to find
> the right combination of rpms/tzs for yum on RHEL4, not to mention the
> right repositories, and had only partial success. On CentOS, which ca,e
> with yum installed, I haven't had to reconfigure anything.

Not to veer terribly off-topic (or toot my own horn, for that matter), but
did you see and/or use http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/YumOnRHEL when trying
this? Might have saved you the better part of a day ;-) If you did use it
and it was not clear or was incorrect, please let me know so it can be fixed.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics