Re: Trouble after upgdarding FC3 to FC6

Stargazer wrote:
Hi again, sorry to keep on at this, I often did "yum update" from FC3 and it worked every time! I never did much else, but see I have to now. I realised openssh isn't there so I tried installing it & now on FC6 I'm getting this:

 > yum install openssh
Downloading header for openssh to pack into transaction set
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/6/i386/RPMS/openssh-4.3p2-10.0.fc6.rpm: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 08:15:59 GMT
If you click on the URL you've given, notice that the website returns 404 does not exist, hence the path is incorrect for the mirror that yum has chosen, it shouldn't finish with /RPMS/ .

If you do a:
rpm -V yum , I'm tipping you'll be shown some customizations of
/etc/yum.conf and /etc/yum.repos.d/fed*.repo

You might want to try the default versions of these files. If you do that and have no success, then I expect that the mirrorlist that yum is retrieving is incorrect, and might need some adjustment at fedora's end.

{The mirrorlist these days uses geoip to try to provide mirrors within your own country zone, which could also be limiting if they are having trouble.}

ps you probably want openssh-server !

DaveT.