Re: Is yum 2.4 forcing IPv6 lookups?

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 03:53:40PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > This is where I knew python... so I wouldn't have to ask you more.  Does
> > it take any special care to specifically ask about ipv6, or does it just
> > dish the host name over generically?

> I don't know. I know there was an issue at one point with it doing a
> lookup it shouldn't be doing. Google back on yum and ipv6. I think
> there's a bug about it in rh's bugzilla.
The offending code is not in yum or urlgrabber.  It's probably in
socket.  I'm on the road now and can't look more carefully, but Seth's
right.  There is still a bug in bugzilla about it.

					-Michael
--
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  ECE Department and Optical Sciences Center                520-626-1619