[Yum] yum plugin help

> Hello,
>  I'm writing this e-mail because I need your help for building a plugin
> for YUM.
>  Let me explain first what I want to do.
>
>  At an URL location http://www.mywebsite.com/info there is a file info.txt
> The contents of this file are in the following format:
>  "package_name: information_about_the_package".
>
>  When Yum dispalys the general information about a package (like
> package_name,version, etc.) I want it to display my info also.
>  This means that I have to write a plugin that goes to my website,
> downloads theinfo file, matches the packages name from my info file with
>  the packages from the repository and displays the infos.
>
>  I am newbie in Python and I would appreciate any help or suggestions.
A nice place to start poking arround is the wiki. This link:
http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/WritingYumPlugins
should help you with your first steps. Writing plugins for Yum is not so hard.

>  Thanks in advance.
>
>  Alecs.

>A nice place to start poking arround is the wiki. This link:
>http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/WritingYumPlugins
>should help you with your first steps. Writing plugins for Yum is not so hard.
>
>Felipe

Thank's for the info Felipe, but I forgot to mention that I've read and tested those examples twice.

I was hoping for a more detailed explanation,  like what would be the most appropiate slot to download the info file from the server or
how to link the packages name from the repository with those from the file.
As I said before this is my first contact with python and yum plugins .

Thanks.