[Yum] Not connecting to repositories

Joelle,

For FC4, you may need to change to baseurl=
http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/$releasever/os/$basearch,
since FC4 is not officially supported by fedora any more. For FC5, actually
I have similar problem recently.

At beginning, it only happens for my FC5 upgraded from FC$. So I thought it
may related to the upgrade. But now it won't work even with freshly
installed FC5. Here is the typical errors I got,

yum list updates
Setting up repositories
core                                                                 [1/3]
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core

This is with standard config as
[core]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch
#baseurl=
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY

If I point the baseurl to one particular site, such as

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/

it gives me errors like

yum list updates
Setting up repositories
base                                                                 [1/1]
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (2, 'No such file or directory')>
Trying other mirror.
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: base
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from base: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from base: [Errno 256] No more mirrors
to try.

In both cases, I runs yum-2.6.1-0.fc5. Because now this happens to almost
all my FC5 boxes (at home and work), I am just wandering if I am missing
something recently.

Any advice, please?

Liang