[Yum] list policy changes

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 09:01 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> So I'm thinking that I'll just make the default mechanism be discard. So
> that if a message is posted to this list by a person who is not a
> subscriber then the message will be silently dropped.

I have been wondering about this for some lists I run.  Personally I am
loath to make this change on my lists because it means that posts from
people who are not subscribed, or (relatively common in our case) are
from subscribers but using an non-subscribed address (normally
accidentally), are dropped silently.

I'd be happier with a reject of those messages - at least the innocent
get some level of reply - but you then also set yourself up as a a
mechanism for doing bounce spamming (which you are already at the moment
since those held messages will have generated a "Your message is being
held" type message back to the original sender).

Its a shame that the spammers have managed to completely change the
landscape - and a real shame that automatic death penalties for spamming
are not enforced.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]