[Yum] bizarre yum badness -- packages removed instead of updated...

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 11:29:11AM -0700, Ian Burrell wrote:
> >So, here's another weird thing. On systems where AFS was busy when it
> >tried to stop it -- part of the openafs-client preuninstall check which
> >only runs when $1=0 (that is, on package erase), everything ended up
> >running fine. But what in the world would cause it to even *try* if it's
> >updating, not removing?
> The preuninstall script is called when any package is removed,
> including the older version.  I think the "$1 = 0" guard means the
> script is passed the number of that package left.  Anything that needs
> to done only when the last package is removed needs the guard.

Err, yes, in theory. However, if you notice, this script is guarded in that
way, and yum *says* that it is upgrading the package (so the script should
not run) but in actuality the script is executed with $1=0 and the package
erased. That's the problem.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx          <http://mattdm.org/>