[Yum] asking Yum to fetch but not install

If I'm not mistaken, when reading some earlier version of Yum documentation there was an option whereby Yum could be instructed to fetch outstanding updates from a repository without subsequently having them installed.

I have a scenario where it would be helpful to retrieve the outstanding updates to my Yum machine's cache at one point in time, and delay their actual installation until a later point in time e.g. during the night when no one is around. I'd like the retrieve to be one operation and the update to be another.

While I can find a reference to the -C option which tells Yum to run entirely from cache, I can't determine how to get the cache up-to-date without also committing the update.

Thanks for any help
Tim

--
timforbes(at)canada(dot)com