[Yum] how to handle missing dependencies?

Jim Perrin wrote:
> This is a failure of the repository maintainer to verify that his
> packages are installable and play nicely in my opinion. Granted
> conflicts are possible the more repos you use, but it seems every time
> I hear about missing dependency problems or "yum ate my system" type
> problems... that repository is ALWAYS involved.
[...]

Jim, thanks for the excellent explanation.  Based upon your recommendation,
I've disabled that repo, by default. <g>  I had added it recently to
bring in a "bleeding" edge release of dovecot (which seems to be working
well), and had left it enabled -- that situation has been corrected.