[Yum] yum: command not found

Mmh, I now tried reinstalling Yum based on the descriptions in Fedorafaq.org but get an error message saying error: failed dependencies: yum is needed by yum-fedorafaq-4-2006.02.03.noarch

Seems like I messed something up when I first tried to run the FC5 commands suggested on the FAQ discussion forum last night. I am scared stiff about anything to do with kernels, so hope this has not messed up kernel things and can be fixed in some other way. Can I remove yum and then reinstall it? How? Just delting files in finle manager won't do the trick, I suppose.

Thanks for your patience

Norbert