[Yum] yum: command not found

Dear all,

I am trying to update MySQL and PHP on a Fedora 4 with Plesk 8.01. After loging in as root, when I put in command yum ... I get -bash: yum: command not found

Sorry, I am a newbie and feel totally lost. Have not found anyone having that problem.
Can confirm, Yum is installed and have successfully updated the yum.conf file as described on fedorafaq.org for version 4. But when I try to put yum list available or anything else starting with yum, I am stuck.

Please help

Norbert G. Berger