[Yum] Error No Groups on which to run command

Javier Perez wrote:
> Hi
> It looks like my yum lost the comps.xml file. It does not know about
> groups.
1. Only certain repos have groups.
2. yum downloads the groups file based on the contents of repomd.xml

> What can I check out, what can I change to make it right again?
# yum grouplist is usually enough, unless you are within /etc/yum.conf's
   metadata_expire= period (tells yum not to go check for the live repo
data again, if you have just got it)

> [root@bloody ~]# yum grouplist
> Setting up Group Process
> Setting up repositories
> updates                                                              [7/10]
does not have grouplist
> extras                                                               [9/10]
has a grouplist.
> Error: No Groups on which to run command
# yum --enablerepo=core grouplist

if that doesn't get it, try a clean and repeat the above.
# yum clean metadata

If this doesn't work, then permissions could be a problem.

DaveT.