[Yum] Question about listinf package dependencies.

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 17:32 -0400, Gaurav Poothia wrote:

> > repo-graph from yum-utils *might* be a useful starting point .. or then
> > not :)
> >

> Well thank you very much...if I understand the output correctly:
> repo-graph shows all the DIRECT dependencies for EACH package.
>
> Now what I need to do is change that to do it recursively.
> Well if I am right so far then all I *really* need to do is to learn
> Python ;-)
> Thanks for all the help guys!

repo-graph prints out the direct dependencies for each package and
leaves the rest to for graphviz to figure out. What I originally had in
mind when starting repo-graph was a kind of dependency analyzator which
could answer exactly questions like yours: "give me the n'th order of
dependencies for this package" but got seriously sidetracked since then.

If you remove the graphviz-sugaring (like colors etc) from the output
it'll print out fairly straightforward
pkgA -> pkgB, pkgC
pkgB -> pkgX, Y
pkgX -> pkgZ

..etc dependency info which can be processed reasonably easily with any
reasonable language or even shell script. Let me know if you need help,
I'm still interested in the dependency analyzator thingie, just haven't
gotten around to do anything about it :)

	- Panu -