[Yum] Still hopeless on getting proxy to work

Seth Vidal wrote:

> [...]
I believe it is some flavor of Microsoft proxy, combined with Websense. It operates on port 80 and requires domain, username and password. Domain and username can be given together in the format DOMAIN\USERNAME. In bash, this has to be escaped, of course, to DOMAIN\\USERNAME.

The various proxy environment variables are all set to:
$ sudo echo $http_proxy
Password:
http://DOMAIN\USERNAME:password@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:80/

and this is sufficient for most programs that want to access the Internet (exceptions being yum, rpm, and up2date -- back when it still worked for Fedora -- all written in Python, which makes me suspect the libraries there...)

> 2. could you try something silly and define the proxy settings in EACH
> repository section in your .repo files in /etc/yum.repos.d/?

No change. Here is the modified fedora.repo:

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
proxy=http://172.16.110.12:80/
#I also tried it without specifying the port number
proxy_username=DOMAIN\USERNAME
proxy_password=password
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
#mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

Thanks for all the help.

Mark