[Yum] Resolving dependency issues (1)

Are there any clues in the yum error output to help me resolve
dependency errors... is the list sorted - or random.

With rpm, when it failed on a dependency problem it offered one or more
package 'deficiencies'. When you tried to resolve one of the
deficiencies, you would often encounter a couple more... and so on,
perhaps a couple more levels. The good part was that if you had the
patience and kept some notes you could actually work your way through
the deficiency tree and resolve all the issues.

If , for instance I wanted to know what package contains a missing file
can I use a specific -d/-e level to obtain that output.

Regards,

David Potter