[Yum] Is the Fedora core5 test2 yum (dated 2 feb 2006) broken

In my evaluation of the core5 t2 system, PUP, the Package Updater, had the yum package as being one of the updates.

Immediately following yum's install, I could no longer  download any  software  as yum  and  pup both lock  up.

Yum on my fedora core4  version  (yumex)  works  just fine.

How do I backout  yum, or how  do  I  install  with  another version?

Leslie