[Yum] Error accessing file for config file:///etc/yum.con PPLZ HELPME

-----Original Message-----
From: Pramod Kumar [mailto:pramod_jee@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 11:59 AM
To: yum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Yum] Error accessing file for config file:///etc/yum.con PPLZ HELPME

Hi,
      I'm  new user for FEDOA CORE 4 OPERATING SYSTEM. I'M GETTING D ERROR
 WHICH IS       "Error accessing file for config file:///etc/yum.conf". And i'm not able to play any MP3 songs in my pc. plz help me ...2 get out of
this bloody hell error .
YOURS
PRAMOD

[Bylander Mark LC] Dear Pramod,
    I think the first one is you trying to access the config file incorrectly. Try opening a terminal (Applications>System Tools>Terminal) and typing "su". It will ask you for your root password. The prompt will change into a # to show that you are now all-powerful. From here, you should be able to view and edit the yum.conf file (gedit /etc/yum.conf will open it in a "Notepad"-like window). The MP3 problem is beyond the ambitus of this list, but what you need is to install a few packages from either the rpm.livna.org repository or the RPM-forge alliance -- see www.freshrpms.net. (MP3s are disabled because of some patent issues.) Once you have yum up and working, you can add these repositories. Try installing xmms-mp3, for instance. You can get more specific Fedora help at http://www.fedoraforum.org . Hope this helps.

[Bylander Mark LC] Mark

  _____

Jiyo cricket on Yahoo!  <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/in/mailcricket/*http://in.sports.yahoo.com/cricket/> India cricket