[Yum] Setting up repository with rsync

In my process of teaching Linux, I am setting up a repository server so
that the student can obtain the downloads rather than go to the
Internet.  Had one system working and was great, but had to create a new
server.  Now the rsync command is not working:

rsync -avH --exclude "debug/" --exclude "headers/" --exclude "repodata/" mirror.dulug.duke.edu::fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386/ /var/www/html/yum/Fedora/Core/3/updates/
rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(515)

Man page specifies that code 12 is "Error in rsync protocol data stream".  I am not a programer, so would appreciate if somenone can help me understand what has happened, or if I am making a "stupid" typing error (known to happen often).  As I noted, it was working previously on another system (no longer available), and now the command does not work.

Appreciate any help.

Dennis Rice
dennis@xxxxxxxxxxx