[Yum] I've ruined yum!!!

t.w.i.m.c.,

in trying to satisfy some tricky dependencies, I installed a very
recent version of glibc: glibc-2.3.5-10.3  and (stupidly) both --force
(d) and --nodep(ed) it.  Now rpm is broke as is yum.  Here is what I
get when trying to run rpm:

[root@comp1 ~]# rpm
rpm: /usr/kerberos/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2: no version information
available (required by /usr/lib/libneon.so.24)
rpm: /usr/kerberos/lib/libk5crypto.so.3: no version information
available (required by /lib/libssl.so.5)
rpm: /usr/kerberos/lib/libkrb5.so.3: no version information available
(required by /lib/libssl.so.5)
rpm: relocation error: /usr/lib/libneon.so.24: symbol
GSS_C_NT_HOSTBASED_SERVICE, version gssapi_krb5_2_MIT not defined in
file libgssapi_krb5.so.2 with link time reference

and here is the yum response:

[root@comp1 ~]# yum
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

    /lib/libssl.so.5: symbol krb5_cc_get_principal, version
krb5_3_MIT not defined in file libkrb5.so.3 with link time reference

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.4.1 (#1, May 16 2005, 15:19:29)
[GCC 4.0.0 20050512 (Red Hat 4.0.0-5)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please send this
message to <yum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

Any suggestions as to how to manually fix this (since I can't use rpm)?

Thanks in advance,

Rob Kozar

Robert C. Kozar, Ph.D.
Director, Evaluation, Measurement, and Program Review
UNC Center for Teaching and Learning
CB# 3470, 302 Wilson Library
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3470

kozar {at} unc.edu
919.966.1289
           Notice of CTL's Confidentiality Policy:

All CTL client information is considered confidential;
no identifying information will be shared outside CTL
without the client's explicit consent. Client information
shared among CTL staff for the purpose of enhancing
services should always be regarded as privileged.