[Yum] YUM barfs after updating mysql to 4.1

> Well, I'm using fedora core 2, and I wanted to upgrade mysql to 4.1,
> so I'm using repositories like:
> Dries,
> Fedora Core Base, Extras, Updates
> FreshRPMS-Core
> RPM-Forge
> NewRPMs
>
> Except, I changed my .repo's to look in the FC4 repositories because
> the FC2 ones didn't offer mysql higher than 3.23.
>
> So, I changed the .repo's and ran `yum update mysql`
>
> And that's how I got to where I am now.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

You broke things pretty well there. You should NEVER combine repos for
differing versions like you have. They're built against different
systems, with different kernels, different glibc versions, and
different compilers. Just upgrade as FC2 was EOL'd anyway iirc. This
is not a yum issue. This is a distribution/user error issue. If I were
you I'd back up data and reinstall. There may be another way but
that's for you and your distribution support/mailing list to sort out.

PEBKAC error not related to yum. In case of admin failure - DNR.

--
Jim Perrin
System Architect - UIT