This is not the mailing list you're looking for. Re: [Yum] Uninstalling Fedora 4

On 11/18/05, Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyone else noticing a large number of non-yum/ug items on here recently?

Yes, but to be fair, it doesn't seem to be just this list.

> Any ideas what is going on?

Best guess (yanked in un-edited form from my ass) would be that we're
seeing a a wave of windows users coming into linux via fedora ( a
large number of questions seem to at  least include the word 'fedora'
in them somewhere ) and windows users aren't overly used to the
mailing list form of communication, or locating the proper one for
their given dilemma. I recommend politely pointing them in the right
direction for assistance. I'd hate to hammer home the idea that we're
all elitist snobs unwilling to help. Linux forces need the userbase,
so we're going to have to teach the windows people how to think
properly in certain contexts.

/soapbox zealotry
--
Jim Perrin