[Yum] Confused!

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 07:43:41PM -0400, Bob Grieves enlightened us:
> I`m running into a few questions regarding Fedora 4. I`m currently running
> W2K pro, but have been wanting to installed a Linux dis for ages. The
> compatibility concerns have been my biggest worry, but since most versions
> are getting that`s not such a deal.
>  I want to run a dual boot system, and I see the installation guides have
> that info about how to do this. My system is a fairly modern 32bit PC.
>  The problem is I just just don`t know what the heck I`m supposed to be
> downloading? I clicked on the PPC but there`s about 8 or 9 ISO downloads!!
> Plus the fact, none of the download links work. I just get failed download
> errors.
>  I`m itching to get fedora installed :)

This should probably be sent to the fedora list, then :-)

You'll want to download the i386 version, not PPC (PowerPC).

There should be 4 binary ISOs, 4 source ISOs and probably a DVD ISO. You'll
either want the 4 binary ISOs or the DVD ISO. Most people don't need the
source ISOs.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak