[Yum] problem

On 9/23/05, theskea@xxxxxxxx <theskea@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
> required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:
>
>    /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/libxml2mod.so: undefined symbol:
> xmlSchemaIsValid
>
> Please install a package which provides this module, or
> verify that the module is installed correctly.
>
> It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
> current version of Python, which is:
> 2.4 (#1, Mar 22 2005, 21:42:42)
> [GCC 3.3.5 20050117 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)]
>
> If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please send this
> message to <yum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

You're running a prerelease of GCC/Python 2.4, why am I not surprised
when yum stops working ;)

Where did you get the installation of yum?

Your problems may be solved by getting the latest yum from
http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/2.4/yum-2.4.0-1.src.rpm and making
an rpm using

rpmbuild --rebuild yum-2.4.0-1.src.rpm

and then rpm -i the resulting rpm.