[Yum] RPM install order

Hi folks,

I have the following scenario.  Three rpms, named

myproduct-2.1.0-1.noarch.rpm
myproduct-progs-2.1.0-1.noarch.rpm
myproduct-tests-2.1.0-1.noarch.rpm

On the current system, the following three RPMS are installed:

myproduct-2.0.5-1.noarch.rpm
myproduct-progs-2.0.5-1.noarch.rpm
myproduct-tests-2.0.5-1.noarch.rpm

In the spec file that builds the 2.1.0 version RPMS,
myproduct-progs-2.1.0 requires: myproduct = 2.1.0
AND
myproduct-tests-2.1.0 requires: myproduct-progs = 2.1.0

The goal with these require rules is to have myproduct-tests ALWAYS install
AFTER the myproduct and myproduct-progs RPMS install for a given version.

When I do rpm -Uvh the three RPMS together, it works as expected -
myproduct-test always installs last, and everything works fine.  I've done
this probably 50 times and I've never seen it install in a different order.

And, it appears that most of the time, when using yum, it also works as
expected.  But there have been at least a few cases where folks have used
yum, and the order of update was:

myproduct-tests
myproduct-progs
myproduct

or

myproduct-progs
myproduct-tests
myproduct

instead of the desiered order, which for the record is:
myproduct
myproduct-progs
myproduct-tests

Am I just completely wrong to think that this install order is forceable
with requires: statements in a spec file?

One of the servers that had the issue was CentOS 4.1, yum version 2.2.1.

I acknowledge this may not be a yum bug per-se, but any guidance is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul
--