[Yum] Re: yum error

On 9/1/05, Prasad J Pandit <prasad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   Yes, I got the tar.gz file, I did make && make install, I did that cause
> for some strange reason rpm is also not working after that last update
> by yum. even today rpm says...

I'm not sure if anyone has successfully installed by doing a make/make
install.  Can anyone else offer advice?

> rpm: error while loading shared libraries: libneon.so.24: cannot open
>
>  ...So I cann't install any thing with rpm. Today I tried to compile
> rpm-4.4.1 source but It's got some compilation errors...I'm completely
> clueless about what's to be done to fixup this problem.

Were I you, I would back up my data and re-install.  I don't have any
other magic advice on how to fix your machine.  Upgrades aren't really
supported or designed to work well on RH machines, so if you can get
it to work...great, but if not...it takes much more linux-jedi than I
have.

Greg