[Yum] delete dead dependencies

On Thursday 27 October 2005 15:07, Lanjelot wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'd like to find a way to remove old dependencies that aren't required
> by any software installed on a system.

I had a similar question a while ago, if my situation is similar to yours I
may be able to help...

I wanted a way to define certain packages and groups as being 'explicitly
needed' and have some sort of consistency checker which would tell me if
anything was either missing or extraneous (old deps) - much like the world
file in gentoo.

I have a simple python script that uses the yum and rpm libs to calculate what
'should' be there vs what is and outputs the differences. If this is also
what you're looking for I can provide it.

-JayKim