[Yum] repo-rss and Bloglines

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 11:56 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 08:06 -0600, Matt Thompson wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the output of repo-rss into
> > valid RSS for reading in Bloglines?
> >

> odd. repo-rss runs to create the feeds available at:
> http://fedoraproject.org/infofeed/
>

> an example:

Hmm...you are correct.  My apologies.  Apparently the fault is with
Firefox.  I had browsed to the file on my local server and used the
Bloglines Toolkit "Subscribe to the Page" as my method.  Since Firefox
did something to the page, Bloglines rejected it as malformed.

Telling Bloglines to subscribe *directly* to the file, without Firefox
as an intermediary allows it to catch the feed and subscribe.  Maybe
I'll check with Firefox's Bugzilla about this.  I can't imagine
Bloglines' XML parser to be less forgiving than Firefox.

Sorry for the trouble,
Matt
--
The mayfly lives only one day, and sometimes it rains. - Geo. Carlin
   Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/