[Yum] Problem with multiple URLs in one baseurl statement

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 10:42:43PM +0300, paveltankov@xxxxxxx wrote:
> However, there are some problems when a URL starts at the
> first column in a row. Like this one:
> baseurl=
> url://server1/path/to/repository/
>         url://server2/path/to/repository/
>         url://server3/path/to/repository/
> It doesn't recognize the entry
> url://server1/path/to/repository/ itself, nor does it
> recognize the rest entries. It's as if the first one that
> starts at the first column in a row somehow "blocks" all
> the trailing ones + itself and yum is blind for them. Now
> if I run "yum install <some_program>", I get "Cannot find a
> valid baseurl for repo: base".
> itself and all the rest.

It's not a big.  You're are breaking the acceptable format of a
ConfigParser config file.  ConfigParser is the module that yum uses
for its config files.  You are allowed to extend an entry over
multiple lines by beginning the next line with whitespace.

Each new line must begin with:

  comment char   --   it's a comment
  whitespace     --   it's an extended entry
  other          --   it's a new entry

It sounds like this isn't a problem for you and you're just trying to
report a bug.  In that case, thanks, but it isn't a bug :)  If you're
having trouble, you should just stick to the format which you noted
works.
					-Michael
--
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  ECE Department and Optical Sciences Center                520-626-1619