[Yum] Re: yum install using auto-dependency checking???

These are commercial software vendors, right?  So you can lodge a
support request with them and then call your sales person and tell him
what a pain it is to deal with the tarballs they give you.  It's not
like you're making an unreasonable request when you say "make a
package that installs easily on the number 1 corporate Linux
distribution."

For a while I was QA/CM in a small cross-platform software shop so we
created java installers and had anyone asked for an RPM we certainly
would have done it.  It's not that hard...

Greg