[Yum] Re: yum improvement

On 8/12/05, Ian MacGregor <ianmac7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If yum fails to get repo data from the first repo, yum should just skip
> over that repo and get the data from the other repos I have enabled and
> then try the skipped repos again. If it worked on the second try, it can
> work on the first try. There should be an option to tell yum "do not
> stop trying until you have recieved all data from all repos".
>
> I hope that this can be done and I would be willing to help in any way I
> can.

Ian,

Please also see http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumTodont where the idea of
skipping a repository has been documented as a 'bad idea'.  Your idea
of simply trying over and over and over until the mirror is back up is
slightly different, but also has draw backs as have been laid out
here.

Regards,
Greg