[Yum] Protection from out-of-date mirrors

I am currently noticing an issue with yum.  There are a bunch of new
updates for FC4. Each time I run yum, it adds and then the next time
deletes the new packages.  It also gives inconsistent results, like
the new packages showing up in 'yum list extras'.  I assume that some
of the mirrors haven't yet pulled down the updates and are returning
the old version of the metadata.

I think it would be good to add some detection in yum for out-of-date
mirrors to prevent weird results.  The repomd.xml file seems to
include a timestamp for each metadata file.  The solution would be to
not allow the timestamp to go backwards.  If a newer timestamp has
already been downloaded, then an older timestamp would cause that
mirror to be skipped.

This does require that the timestamp does not legitimately go
backwards in the metadata.  This requires that the system which does
createrepo has a good clock.  It would also be good if the mirrors do
not rebuild the metadata because their newer metadata would override
all the other mirrors.

 - Ian