[Yum] preferred mirrors

I am using yum-2.3.2-7 on Fedora Core 4.

Is there any way to specify the preferred mirrors in a repo?

Some repos use a lot of mirrors. Some of the mirrors are fast from my
usual locations, some are slow. Currently, if yum hits upon a slow
mirror, I just CTRL-C it and let it go to the next mirror; if that one
is slow too, CTRL-C again, and so on until it hits upon a fast one
(yeah, it exits at the end, but then I just re-launch it and it will run
from cache).
It would be nice if there was an option to still let yum use the list of
mirrors provided by the repo, but somehow tell it "try these mirrors
first" (or ignore the Preferred Mirrors list if none of them is in the
data provided by the repo).
Maybe there is a way to do that already - in that case please enlighten
me.

Thank you.

--
Florin Andrei