[Yum] yum error before upgrade of Fedora

Hi Seth,

due to popular request ;-), here's what you asked for:

Am Freitag, 8. Juli 2005 07:58 schrieb seth vidal:

> 1. Can you show me the output a user would see if this were to
> happen?

# rpm -e --nodeps libxml2-python
# yum list yum
The yum libraries do not seem to be available on your system
for this version of python: 2.4 (#1, Mar 22 2005, 21:42:42)
[GCC 3.3.5 20050117 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)]

Please make sure the package you used to install yum was built
for your install of python.

The error leading to this problem was: No module named libxml2mod
#

Well, the user will need to
 1. read the whole message (he shouldn't have admin rights, if s(he)'s
    not able to, but we cannot do anything against that problem...
 2. s(he) have to conclude from the missing import module name to the
    missing package name, where we cannot do much against, other
    then maybe adding:

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please send the complete
message to <yum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

I can send you another diff with this included, if you like.

> 2. can you attach this patch to email rather than pasting it
> in?

Done. FYI, I just verified, that the patch was correctly inlined
(without white space damage or stray line breaks), in order to be
applied unchanged, aka. save message to disk, patch -p0 < message.
Linus relies heavily on that feature!

BTW, you should add something along the lines:
Requires: libxml2-python
to the yum.spec file to prevent all this from occurring more frequently.

Pete