[Yum] [Errno -1] Header is not complete.

On 7/7/05, Joshua Jensen <joshua@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Really?  But what guarantee that the proxy which is broken for http
> isn't broken for ftp?  You are saying that the way that byte-ranged ftp
> requests work isn't as easily messed up by proxies?

Correct.

I believe that http byte range requests are just that, since HTTP 1.1
supports those.

I believe that ftp byte range requests are not actually "byte range
requests", but are actually "I'm doing a reget starting at byte
X.....wait for the bytes corresponding to the end of the range that I
want...stop downloading the file and parse out the bits I need" kinds
of requests.

You responded to Michael's email where he stated this:
https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum/2005-June/006747.html

On a side note: it seems the list just become "reply to sender"
instead of "reply to list and sender", right?  I'm sending this reply
back to list since I think that was probably Joshua's intention and
since I'm not sure enough in my response to send it without the
ability of someone else to read it and say "Greg's on crack!"

Greg